Saturday, January 19, 2013

In the Company of Strangers

Blog EntryJul 23, '07 12:11 AM
for everyone
The Stranger



-- Tell me, enigmatic man, whom do you love the best? Your father, or your mother, or your sister, or your brother?



-- I have neither father, nor mother, nor sister, nor brother.



-- Your friends?



-- You are using a word whose meaning remains unknown to me to this very day.



-- Your country?



-- I do not know under what latitude it lies.



-- Beauty?



-- I would love her gladly, goddess and immortal.



-- Gold?



-- I hate it as much as you hate God.



-- Well then! What do you love, extraordinary stranger?



-- I love the clouds ... the passing clouds ... over there ... over there ... the marvelous clouds!



Charles Baudelaire



From a friend of a friend, thank you for seeing what I am thinking...



d'un ami d'un ami, merci pour voir. ..what je pense





L'Étranger



-- Qui aimes-tu le mieux, homme énigmatique, dis? ton père, ta mère, ta s�ur ou ton frère?



-- Je n'ai ni père, ni mère, ni s�ur, ni frère.



-- Tes amis?



-- Vous vous servez là d'une parole dont le sens m'est resté jusqu'à ce jour inconnu.



-- Ta patrie?



-- J'ignore sous quelle latitude elle est située.



-- La beauté?



-- Je l'aimerais volontiers, déesse et immortelle.



-- L'or?



-- Je le hais comme vous haïssez Dieu.



-- Eh! qu'aimes-tu donc, extraordinaire étranger?



-- J'aime les nuages ... les nuages qui passent ... là-bas ... là-bas ... les merveilleux nuages!

No comments: