Sunday, January 9, 2011

Paul Thek: Diver, A Retrospective

October 21, 2010–January 9, 2011


I was happy to have made it to see this show. It was amazing even with the long line
outside the entrance. He loved the water and especially diving, something I didn't previously know. It gave me a new insight into his work. If I could chose a word for this show I would chose "RaW" . There are few artist that expose themselves, their sensitivities like he did, without being sentimental.

It made me think about my connections which also happens to be water.
I miss it actually, diving into a cold water, first the hesitation, the shock followed by peace. Then the thought: why I waited so long.
This connection to water is also related to my connection to photography and
my conflict with the surface of the canvas.

No comments: