Friday, April 9, 2010

My Shifted World



Tony Overman/The Olympian, via Associated Press. As evolutionary biologists see it, each species' life span is adapted to the nature of its environment. The maximum lifespan of bats, for example, is 3.5 times greater than flightless mammals of the same size, the research shows.

Nocturne

tell me all things false and true,
bitter sweet, that fools are wise;
i will not doubt nor question you;
i am in s mood for lies.

tell me all things ill turn good;
thew and sinew will be stronger
thriving on the deadly food
life proffers for their hunger

paint love lovely, if you will;
be crafty,sly, deceptive;
here is fertile land to till,
sun-seeking, rain receptive.

hold my hand and lie to me;
i will not ask you how or why;
i see death drawing nigh to me
out of the corner of my eye.
- Countee Cullen

Originally posted August 2009 ~ New Jersey

No comments: